Hand washing with soap under running water is very effective in protecting yourself from the new coronavirus. If you do not have a Veronica bucket, you can improvise one. This article seeks to provide a step-by-step guide to making a hand washing kit.
- Plastic bottle
- Use the nail to drill a small hole at the base of the plastic bottle.
- Cover the hole and fill the bottle with water to the brim.
- Use the bottle top to cover/close the bottle.
How to use the kit
To use the kit:
- smear your hand with soap and open the bottle.
- Once the water starts flowing, start the hand washing process.
- Once done, close the bottle with the bottle top and the water will cease flowing.
This is a video showing how the kit is used:
Basic scientific explanation
When the bottle is opened, air enters the bottle, causing the liquid to flow due to air pressure.
Once you cover the bottle with the bottle top, the air is trapped inside the bottle, preventing a partial vacuum from being created inside the bottle, hence the flow ceases.