YouTube, which is one of the subsidiaries of Google, allows users to upload, view, rate, share, add to playlists, report, comment on videos, and subscribe to other users.
If you want to learn and be a professional all by yourself, then YouTube should be your platform of choice. However, downloading YouTube videos onto your device (PC or phone) is somewhat daunting.
In this article, I will provide several ways to download YouTube videos and watch offline.
1. Using the YouTube app
YouTube included the offline download feature in 2014 that allows the user to save the video on their android or iOS device in order to watch offline using the app. This approach is limited as you can only watch the saved videos using the app alone.
To save videos offline, launch the YouTube app and open the video you want to download for offline viewing.
Under the video click on the download button and then choose the video quality ranging from Low, Medium to HD quality.
After a successful download, kindly take note that the video will only be accessible on your youtube app.
- How To Create A verified PayPal Account In Ghana
- How to fix wifi/hotspot issues in android
- How to root android phones with Magisk
2. Using 3rd party You Tube downloaders
Third party YouTube downloaders allow you to download and save the videos as mp4 or flv in different resolutions from 144p to 1080p depending on your device. One good thing about this approach is that the videos stored on your device can be played with any media player of your choice.
Some of the best YouTube downloaders are Vidmate, TubeMate, Keepvid etc. You can get these apps from Apkpure website.
To use the third party downloaders, simply launch the app, open the video you want to download and tap on the download icon.
3. Using web browser to download videos to your PC or phone
YouTube has a hidden feature that allows you to tweak the video URL in order to download the video.
Here are the steps to download with a web browser:
- Visit youtube.com using your browser and search for the video you want to download
- As the video is playing head your mouse pointer to the address bar and edit the address by adding SS before the Youtube.com/
3. Now press enter to be directed to the video download page, select the resolution of the video you want to download and click on download to get the video on your phone or pc.
You can download YouTube videos to watch offline by using the official mobile app, 3rd party YouTube downloaders and web browsers. To use the web browser approach, simply edit the video URL by adding SS before YouTube.com