The advent of coronavirus has led to a shortage of hand sanitizers on the market as it is now the most patronized product.
In this article, we will provide steps to make an effective homemade hand sanitizer to provide protection from the virus.
- 99% Isopropyl alcohol
- 3% Hydrogen peroxide
- A glass of water
- Table spoon
- Tea spoon
- Dispensing container or a used hand sanitizer container
Check your local pharmaceutical store to get the isopropyl alcohol, glycerin and hydrogen peroxide.
- Wear googles or glasses to protect your eyes from accidental splashes
- Extinguish all flames
- Pour one cup of 99% isopropyl alcohol into a container.
- Pour one table spoon of hydrogen peroxide into the container and stir.
- Add one tea spoon of glycerin and stir.
- Pour about 1/3 glass of water into the solution.
- Cover the container with a lid and shake very well to ensure honogenous solution is obtained.
- Pour the resulting solution into a dispensing container or a used hand sanitizer container.
Now you have made a homemade hand sanitizer for yourself. It is very important to place a label on the final prduct to prevent hazards.