Share this post
PayPal is a faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment and receive money worldwide. With a PayPal account, you can perform online transactions such as purchase of apps, online services, website domains to name a few. In spite of being a global standard for payment everywhere, Ghana still remains blacklisted. Hence, creating a verified PayPal account in Ghana is a very tricky adventure. This article seeks to provide a step by step guide on how to create a verified PayPal account in Ghana.
- Valid and Active Email Account. (Do not use temporary emails).
- National ID
- Phone Number.
- Log on to https://www.paypal.com
- Scrolll to the bottom of the page and click on the country flag icon.
- Choose a supported country from the Africa section. I recommend Morocco.
- Select Morocco
- You will be redirected to the PayPal Morocco website. Now click sign up.
- You can select Personal or Business. We are using Business for this tutorial. Select Business and Click Continue.
- Enter your valid email address and click Continue. I am using email@example.com for this tutorial.
- Enter your password on the next page.
- Fill the form with your correct details. At the phone number section, change the country from Morocco to Ghana to enable you enter your Ghanaian phone number.
- Accept the terms by checking the box and click Agree and Continue.
- Choose individual / sole proprietorship as business type and choose Nondurable Goods as product keywords. Click Continue.
- Enter your date of birth, change nationality to Ghana and select your National ID type. Enter the ID number as well. Use correct details and Click Submit.
- You will receive a series of emails from PayPal. Check your email account and open the one asking you to confirm your account. Click on Confirm and enter your password.
How to Verify PayPal account
- Walk to any UBA branch with your ID and ask of UBA Africard.
- An Africard will be created for you. There is no need to be a UBA account holder to get the card.Follow the procedures provided by the UBA customer representative to activate your card and deposit about 50Ghc into your account.
- Now sign in to your paypal account by using this link https://www.paypal.com/signin
- Click on the gear icon at the top right corner and choose Money, banks and Cards at the left pane.
- . Click Link a new card and enter your card details.
- PayPal will deduct about 5 US dollars to check if the card works and ask you to enter a 4 digit pin. No problem here as your funds will be refunded.
- You will receive notification in your email or from your message app about the transaction. There would be a 4-digit pin in the transaction details. Enter the pin and your card will be verified.
Share this post